Thought-Provoking REIT Analysis and Insights
Green Street Advisors is widely recognized as the premier provider of research on Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs). Our public market research encompasses 84 companies across North America. We publish a variety of REIT research reports and statistical analysis reports on a monthly, quarterly, and periodic basis. The effectiveness of our REIT analysis is demonstrated through the impressive track record of our investment recommendations.¹
Real Estate Securities Monthly
- Monthly report providing a macro view of REIT and real estate valuation
- Includes an RMZ Forecasting Tool that provides insight into whether an offensive or defensive approach toward portfolio management is appropriate.
- Contains company-specific earnings and NAV estimates and valuations, REIT share price premiums/discounts to Green Street’s NAV estimates, and BUY/SELL/HOLD recommendations.
- Provides a discounted cash flow perspective by sector and an insider trading summary.
Commercial Property Outlook
- Quarterly report that discusses macro trends in the commercial real estate market
- Analyzes the economic drivers of real estate demand and supply
- Explains the current market analysis real estate outlook for property market fundamentals. What lies ahead for occupancy, rent and NOI?
- Assesses the fair value of private and public market real estate at the property-sector level.
- Explores the circular interplay between return expectations in the capital markets, private and public market real estate pricing to help inform sector-based investment strategies.
Heard on the Beach
- Monthly signature report by Mike Kirby, Green Street co-founder and Director of Research
- Topical report that explores the impact of macroeconomic issues on both public and private commercial real estate
GSA Commercial Property Price Index
- Monthly time series of unleveraged U.S. commercial property values.
- Commercial real estate analysis reflects the prices at which institutional quality commercial real estate transactions are currently being negotiated and transacted.
- Weekly report identifying near term mispricing of REITs based on trading volatility
- Helpful for identifying potential trading opportunities based on relative share price movement
- Output should not be confused with Green Street’s published Buy, Hold, Sell recommendations.
- Detailed real estate market analysis exploring various economic factors and their impact on property-level fundamentals for each of the major property sectors.
- In-depth statistical real estate industry analysis and forecast for each property sector, covering supply, demand, and valuation.
- Examines residential and commercial real estate market sectors including office, industrial, residential, strip centers, malls, healthcare, lodging, and net lease.
- Includes company-level updates, including a summary of key investment themes and recent news that may affect share valuation.
Sector Special Reports
- Timely analysis and commentary on critical factors that impact individual property sectors.
- Examples include analyses of corporate governance, leverage, and capital expenditures.
- Company-specific reports include in-depth research, analysis, and data on over 70 public North American real estate companies.
- Thorough IPO and company initiation reports aim to provide superior insights not offered by large brokerage firms.
- Reports are grounded in fundamentals, a thorough awareness of portfolios, a strong focus on capital structure and corporate governance, and other issues impacting valuation.
- Our analysis benefits from extensive proprietary databases as well as the deep expertise and long-term perspective we have developed over the past 30 years
- 2-page snapshots with key components of Green Street’s REIT valuation model, including investment themes, Net Asset Value (NAV) estimates, cap rates, and earnings forecasts